Lakeside pride ourselves on providing nutritious home cooked foods, we offer a wide variety of meals and welcome suggestions from individuals.
We offer selections of meals every day and are always happy to accomodate any dietary needs.
Our chefs are all trained to a very high standard, and each one brings their own unique skills into the kitchen. Our chefs are multi-cultural and we feel this allows us to offer some exciting and new dishes to our menu.
As well as providing the day to day menu, our chefs like to add in theme nights once a month offering a different cultural menu. They even decorate the dining room to give an authentic feel. Some of the themes are Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Greek, Italian, Thai and Cantonese. Obviously we still cook traditional British dishes as well.
Sample Lunch Menu
- Slow roasted Lamb chops, served with homemade Lamb gravy and mint sauce
- Battered fish with choice of potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- A selction of cold meats served with homemade bubble and squeak
- Potatoes tossed in olive oil and roasted
- Creamed potatoes with butter and cream
- A selection of seasonal vegetables
- Homemade Mississippi peacan pie - freshly made sweet pastry filled with a golden syrup and pecan mix which gives this a deliciously rich taste
- Peach and apricot crisp - fresh peaches and apricots covered in a luxurious oaty crumble topping seasoned with ground almonds and nutmeg and baked until the top is delicious and crisp.
All served with a choice of Ice cream, Double cream, Devonshire clotted cream or Custard.
There is a selection of cold deserts displayed in the chiller cabinet.
All served with a choice of fillings and a salad garnish
- Freshly prepared sandwich on white or brown bread
- Freshly made omlette
- Oven baked jacket potatoes
- Homemade cornish pasty
Selection of fillings
- Tuna mayo
- Tinned salmon and salad cream
- Homemade coleslaw